Friday 12 December 2014

Poinsettia Christmas Table Papercraft

I mentioned in my last post that I have been busy making table and individual name place settings for my church Christmas fellowship meal, We had a fabulous time this evening, I really enjoyed celebrating Christmas with my church family. I love them all at Fylde Christian Service Church in St Annes, Lancashire.
 Firtly it was so encouraging to see that the same colour theme of red gold and green had been used for the table runners and crackers etc. 
Here's a close up below of an individual place name setting..
I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the poinsettia and a punch for the holly leaves. the sizzix banner die cut in gold holographic card made a good background for the name which was printed using my laptop with castellar font onto cream card. Inside each one I stuck a tiny envelope (which I made using a punch) with a scripture inside...
the table names were made with the same poinsettia and holly but the lovely lacy gold background was cut using a spellbinders die (ornate squares) I just made a kind of triangle to make it all stand up
We had a lovely evening which was finished off with singing carols.
The organising had been seamless, everything ran so smoothly, the food was lovely and everyone was blessed. Many of us at church have had struggles and trials this year. we have loved, prayed and encouraged each other through it all just like a family should. we have cried and we have laughed together as we have celebrated many victories and happier times too. none of us are perfect (not even me LOL) we have all contributed somehow to the church using our gifts which God has graciously given us and this is one of my gifts, the creative ability to make stuff thanks you God for that x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, Thanks for visiting my blog today xx