Monday 5 January 2015

One card base , four different cards

I was truly blessed this Christmas with prezzies I really liked, lovely jewellery, nice new outfits and fabulous crafty prezzies YAY.
I admit I sent Kev an email with links to things I like but he still got some unexpected goodies for me which was lovely. So I have been playing over the last couple of days with some new dies and stamps. I designed a card base then set myself the challenge to make for different cards from the same base, what fun ;o)
Each card started with a white 5" square base, at the bottom of each card I used my scalloped borders die set to create a pretty border I chose four colours, lilac, blue, pink, and aqua green for the die cut lacy bits and each one was embossed using embossing folders, I used my new framelits from Stamping up along with the absolutely gorgeous set of stamps called Stippled Blossoms, wow I am so pleased with this prezzie (thank you Kev xx) I also used the stampin up set Apothecary labels (which I bought 2nd hand last month) on two of the cards
This was a wonderful exercise for me, it made me think a bit more about how to use colour etc....
The first card to share is in lilac / purples I used Momento Grape Jelly ink and teamed it with lilac card and delicate pearls, the little daisy type flowers were enough on this card which is quite simple but has an elegant feel to it.
The second card is the pink one, I used the big bold rose stamps using Stampin' Up inks Blushing Bride with Melon Mambo I love the colours and the blooms but would not use the same "happy birthday" die cuts next time its just too big and silver was not the right choice.
The swirls were made using the Tattered Lace rose corner die, I used tiny pearls in the rose centres to finished them off.
The third card used the same roses in a very similar position but I wanted to use a monochromatic colour scheme with stampin up Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana and Soft Sky,
I love these colours with crisp white card. I used the Apothecary label stamped background on this one and a Martha Stewart branch punch too.
The fourth card in pale blue uses a scripture stamp by Our Daily Bread Designs and a praying hands die cut which was made using a sizzix sizzlet die (this was one of the first dies I bought)
I kept this one simple by just using two daisies from the stippled blossoms set but this time I used icy blue gem centres and the same gems accented the bottom of the card.
I enjoyed this session of creativity and was glad to do something unrelated to Christmas for a change
I am entering my cards  into some challenges,

 the hardest bit is deciding which one to enter! decisions decisions.....
I will enter this one o the left into the following challenges...
click on the names to go to their challenge blogs

Stamping Sensations.....Dies and Punches
Sweet Stamps.....Something New
Red Rubber Inspirationals.....New Stamps
My Time To Craft.....All Things New
Cute Card Thursday.....Anything goes

I am planning to enter a lot more challenges this year so its good to get off to a good start, I had some other dies for Christmas so I guess I better get the big shot out again!

have a great week eveyone and a fabulous 2015

God bless you
Crafteresa UK





8 comments:

  1. Just beautiful.I love the scripture one the most, i would love to get hold of that stamp. Thankyou for sharing your wonderful creatioins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare...the stamp is from the "Scripture collection 2" stamp set by Our Daily Bread Designs, thanks for your kind coment x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, lovely colours and eye catching design.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, these are all so beautiful! What lovely colours - sometimes I think that choosing the right colours is the hardest part of making cards with dies, but you've nailed it! :) Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous, love them all. Your scallop dies are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such stunning cards!! Love the beautiful design!! Thanks for joining us at Red Rubber Inspirationals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. delighted to share that my card was one of the top three at my time to craft, so encouraging, thank yu xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely set of super cards! I see you won the challenge with them at Stamping Sensations/Sir Stamp Alot last month!
    Well done! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thanks for visiting my blog today xx