Sunday 19 October 2014

Super Pup, Ethans Birthday Card

I shared yesterday about Super Pup...a digi-stamp by Tiddly Inks. Well after spending ages trying to get my printer to speak to my laptop and play nicely, I finally got it printed out 4 times onto smooth card and I coloured the images with my Promarkers. Well after cutting and layering the image decoupage style using foam pads, I created a card that really made me smile lots which is just what the doctor ordered LOL, here's a close up of Super Pup.....
I made the eyes and nose shine using Glossy Accents. To create a cloudy background I used my powder blue pan pastel with an acetate template for the sky I stamped with my Lovely as a Tree stamp by Stampin' Up at the bottom of the rectangular scene to give the idea that the pup is flying higher than the tree tops,  I used some tiny polymer stamps to create a flock of birds flying into the distance. After setting the pan pastels with hairspray I added the Super Pup decoupaged image to the background to complete the scene.
I matted and layered the completed scene onto mat black card and then onto blue holographic card and attached it to my white A5 card blank. I tried to use a white pen over a grey Promarker to add like little jet stream from the cape and back legs to give flying movement but it doesn't really show up much at all.
I think if I use this image in a similar way again I will make the image of Super Pup much smaller which will be more effective, but this one is for my grandson Ethan celebrates his birthday this week, I know he will love it and will be convinced that Super Pup is our doggy Lulu in the picture.
I am entering this card into a few challenges, 
The Alphabet Challenge.....R is for Round or Rectangle
Send a Smile 4 Kids Challenge.....Celebration Cards 4 Kids
Creative Knockouts.....Animal Friends

I have purposely not put "Happy Birthday" on the card as I know my grandson Ethan will want this card to be framed and hung on his bedroom wall after his birthday.  this pup looks so like our Lulu!
Kev and I have been visiting for the weekend to celebrate Ethans birthday (which is actually next Tuesday), We live over 100 miles away so only see each other every couple of months! We have had a fab time finishing off with a small surprise party for him, we bought super hero cups plates table cloth and birthday banners which co-ordinated perfectly with his card, we couldn't have planned it better! still finding it hard to believe our Ethan is 11 years old this week!
Lulu and Super Pup look like the same doggy! (she has hung her cape up here LOL)

I now one thing! creating this card really made me smile and cheered me up on a day which had been quite stressful, even though I was up very late finishing it

8 comments:

  1. Ah, that is an adorable card to match an adorable real-life puppy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my it does look like your Lulu! What an adorable creation and I can most certainly appreciate the movement you created with the "wind" in the back. Looks really cool. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids. This would put a smile on any child's face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card is fab - what a great image to find, loving the birthday piccies too - hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card, great image, thanks for sharing at Alphabet Challenge.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! Love that gorgeous dog image!
    Thank you for joining us at the Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card & pics! Love the layout & that super cute image you used!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us @ Creative Knockouts & hope to see you back again for our next challenge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooo cute! I love that pup image and your fabulous background!! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute celebration card! I saw it linked at Send a Smile 4 Kids blog and had to come over to see it on your blog. I am now your newest follower and would love it if you visited my blog and became a follower too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thanks for visiting my blog today xx